Digital Marketing Expert
Digital Marketing Expert
Award-winning digital creative with extensive strategy,business development and operations expertise. True 360° executive with hands-onexperience in television, experiential marketing, traditional advertising and publishing. Dedicatedmanager with a passion for mentoring talent. Ability to drive and infuse digital culture across traditional organizations. Seasoned multicultural marketer with campaign experience in total market, millennials, Black, Hispanic and LGBT audiences.
10THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME PROFESSIONALLY….
"Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."
Solely responsible for building the firm’s nationwide digital and social media practice. Doubled digital billings in first year with goals to focus on upselling existing partners. Led the pitch to win agency’s first digital-only client. Provides direction for all client-facing digital and social strategies including media and development. Overhauled the entire agency’s process and project management structure for efficiency and transparency. Client roster includes – Verizon, Lexus, Unilever, Jim Beam Brands, Avion Tequila, MillerCoors, Macy’s, Hillshire Brands, Microsoft, Country Financial and Wells Fargo.
Built ground-up strategy and execution for Essence.com. Held 100% P&L accountability. Developed short and long-term financial plans, bi-annual budgets and state-of-the-business presentations. Managed sales, marketing, technology, production and business development. Participated in development of content strategy and distribution.
Built a team of 20 with direct report including sales, sales planning & development, video production, programming and creative. Converted print sellers into 360 sellers. Directed proprietary research efforts to drive authority and business development. Led the development of all sales, marketing, production processes and tools. Developed category specific programs and pricing to maximize sales efforts. Managed implementation of Salesforce.
Created an overall strategy and business case for a new digital presence with an eye towards maximizing revenue. Deliverable was a comprehensive business plan including 5-year financials and detailed go-to-market strategies. Exploiting untapped audiences, the plan provided a comprehensive programming strategy focusing on the top 10 network shows and specials.
Essence.com is the leading website for African-American women, based on 40 year old magazine brand; Joint venture between Time Inc & Warner Brothers Television Group.
Develop, deliver, and lead execution of vision and digital product road map, including web products, mobile and applications, for startup of Essence.com. Hold 100% P&L accountability; develop short and long-term financial plans, bi-annual budget, and state-of-the-business presentations. Manage sales, marketing, technology, production, and business development; participate in development of content strategy and distribution.
Hire and manage team of 20 and direct report Directors of Sales, Sales Planning, and Web Development, Executive Producer Video, Lead Programmer, and Art Director. Lead development of talent network of freelancers. Train print staff in digital sales. Direct proprietary research efforts to drive authority and sales. Create and implement all sales, marketing, and production processes and tools. Develop category specific programs and pricing to maximize sales efforts. Manage implementation of Salesforce.
* Played key role in building a multi-million business from startup by spearheading creation of joint venture between Essence Communications and Warner Brothers Television Group and by developing and leading product roadmap; achieved highest revenue per unique visitor in category.
Advertising and New Business Development:
* Built out digital video and branded entertainment division to support top advertisers, including Disney, P&G, Wal-Mart, and others; ranked in Ad Age A-List top 5.
* Created partnerships with MSN, Hearst, AOL, Vevo, and CNN, among others, managed relationships with vendors, including Meebo, Outbrain, Facecake, iLoop, and Quattro.
Managed all elements of on-air production for startup cable network launched by MTVN exclusively for broadcast in Caribbean reaching 5 million on 33 islands. Led all creative development for channel programming including series, interstitials, live events, and sponsorship integrations. Managed all production and production finances for network; administered annual disbursement of over mid-six figures. Served in multiple roles, including Executive Producer, Supervising Producer, and Talent Producer.
Led and closed contract negotiations for production agreements, including talent and producer deals, product placement, and marketing agreements. Developed all sponsorship packages, including on-air/on-line/on-site elements and ensured execution. Directed all aspects of development arm, including creation of submission criteria and evaluation of pitches. Collaborated with labels, studios, managers, and publicists in music, television, film, and sports. Cultivated technical talent relationships with directors and shooters.
* Generated almost $1 million in less than 12 months by creating live event sponsorship business to augment affiliate and advertising revenue.
* Negotiated every talent and performance agreement, including cable, digital and regional rights.
* Initiated and closed a launch sponsorship from largest wireless carrier in the USVI; created and implemented in-kind sponsorship strategies for local businesses in the Caribbean.
* Ensured accurate tracking of sponsorship elements, commercials, and announcements by creating on-air trafficking system; built network rate card for on-air and digital.
* Launched TEMPO concert series with 5 concerts in 3 weeks on 5 islands with over 200 artists and managed creative, talent booking, and post-production for anniversary concerts as Executive Producer.
Directed talent resources and annual budget for sports and music talent for new top 10 ad-supported cable network reaching 92 million homes. Managed and developed Director of Talent Development and Casting, Premium Manager, and Talent Associate. Served as Development Executive and Network Coordinator; booked every musician, athlete, and auto sports talent for network.
Partnered with agents, managers, and talent directly to develop show pitches for network. Participated with marketing and ad sales in concept and promotion building. Served as department representative for network-wide initiatives and meetings. Selected to serve as member of MTVN Consumer Technology Task Force.
* Spearheaded first viral clip for Spike TV, widely syndicated as ëmomentí of the show, by personally persuading Tiger Woods, at height of his celebrity, to open segment with Snoop Dog during VGAís.
* Secured first looks and original programming for network by creating relationships with videogame developers; launched Developer Roundtable to source developer needs and create win-win for network and developers.
* Produced popular Spike After Dark series; managed casting, budgets, location scouts, and talent booking.
* Served as producer on all award shows, including Autorox, Video Game Awards, GQ Men of the Year Awards, and provided talent for live event coverage at Super Bowl.
* Joined organization as TNN; participated in rebranding and launch of new network; planned launch party and secured LeBron James on his draft night as talent.
Various roles in event production including - talent manager, logistics manager, script assistant, production management, director assistant, and producer.
Events included - Academy Awards, Grammys, 9/11 Telethon, MTV Networks first upfront, The Daytime Emmys, HBO presents the Rolling Stones, NBA Allstar Weekend, HBO presents Robin Williams, and many more.
Independent film company serving digital, branded content, agency space.
Executive Vice President, Interactive Marketing & Production
Recruited to develop and lead strategic plan to migrate firm to digital space. Managed Client Services Director, Technology Director, Creative Directors, and staff of 40. Developed programs and presentations for advertiser business. Led production of print, broadcast, interactive, and ITV development within Shooting Gallery.
* Increased overall profits by 15% by developing strategic partnerships and driving new sales with clients, including Crunch Fitness, Citipost, Feedroom, and Purina.
* Marketed and promoted company's critically acclaimed films "Croupier" and "You Can Count on Me".
* Served as Lead Project Manager on convergent online and on-air program for ABC News; managed sales, marketing, creative and technology.
* Designed and developed two-tired sponsorship model, including executive production, marketing, and sponsor integration design, for "2000 Voodoo Music Festival".
Take a look at some of the work I've been lucky to be a part of......
Original web series as part of a 360° program - think Cash Cab meets Shark Tank. With mentors such as Christian Siriano and the founders of KickstarterGo!
A unique content platform celebrating hand-crafted American made finds, just like Basil Hayden's Bourbon.Go!
The strategy & development of an online platform to compliment the iconic magazine from development to sales.Go!
By adding gamification to sampling, Redd's provided a branded experience in the on & off-premise.Go!
The hardest projects are when your agency is the client. The corporate website for my current agency is simple, clean with a little sparkle.Go!
Using content and experiences to drive engagement and loyalty in an increasingly crowded Bourbon category.Go!
By allowing fans to submit pictures online they could win a trip and have their picture included in a giant TIFO at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.Go!
"When love and skill work together expect a masterpiece."
Hear what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me.....
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest"
Get in touch with me if you would like to do business together, share an idea or just say hello.